Thursday, September 20, 2007

When Artistic People Don't Get It. At All.

And when I say "artistic," I mean the guy runs a theatre company. But it is, alas, a Christian troupe, and they've taken time and money from their mission to condemn a Hollywood celebrity. And when I say "a Hollywood celebrity," I mean a self-admitted D-Lister who's never met a subject she couldn't mock.

But never mind what she said. I'm more interested in what he said in response. It's a setup if ever one existed. Huffington Post.com has the story. It's Russ Hollington, GM of The Miracle Theatre, reacting to what Griffin said about Jesus, whom I bet could take a jab or two in His time:

"When word reached our cast that a Hollywood celebrity had stood before TV cameras and said such vulgar things about Christ, they were incensed," he said.

OH, REALLY? AND DID THE INCENSE SMELL GOOD?

People, sometimes you make this shit so eeeeeeeeeeasy.

1 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger Stuart Shea said...

I don't know Kathy Griffin's work, and what she said sounded like it was intentionally meant to piss people off. But I feel so sorry for Christian zealots who claim to be Americans but actually hate everything that's good about America.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home